Monday, December 5, 2011

Best Movie Player for Samsung Galaxy Y

Photo Credit
The built-in movie player for the Samsung Galaxy Y is only good for watching videos taken by its camera. If you want to view movies and videos downloaded or converted from DVD's, you will need to have a third party video player, which luckily is abundant into the Android market for free. At first I tried the Mobo Video Player which is so far very popular in terms of landing at the top of the heap when doing a search for video players in the Android market. Said app failed miserably in my Samsung Galaxy Y as it keeps on freezing and making me stop it using the task manager almost all of the time. I am just trying to play flv or flash files downloaded from youtube and it cannot play it decently without having to freeze first.

In my exasperation and disappointment with the Mobo Video Player, I downloaded the MX Video player and took it for a spin. Boy I was so surprised by the performance. It was so awesome. The MX player let me enjoyed the videos in a breeze without any hang-up. It was just so cool that I am highly recommending it to everyone who has a Samsung Galaxy device. I'm yet to try this with my Samsung Galaxy tab and I'll tell you guys how it performs with the Galaxy Y's bigger brother.

18 comments:

  1. where do I get the MX player and how do I download to Galaxy Y? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi aileen, you can download mx video player here. https://market.android.com/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this post. I downloaded MX Video Player on my Samsung Galaxy Y and it played well where Mobo Player and Rock player wouldn't work. Video lags a bit from it audio but nothing that's irritating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why it says "there are no android phones associated for this account" when i'm trying to DL the player? i already connected my phones to PC using provided usb cable. it says "please sign -in with diffirent account".. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. try to download it in Android market on your phone..

    ReplyDelete
  6. mighty, try to download in Android market on your galaxy phone

    ReplyDelete
  7. how to download movies using mx video player? Thanks and Godbless

    ReplyDelete
  8. mx movie player is not for downloading movies. you can download an app from.the play store (formerly android market) specifically made for downloading movies for your android device. it's called "atorrent". it's free and you can download movies just like you do in a desktop computer. I use it and it's just amazing! :) I'll post a review of it later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. bEST VIDEO PLAYER TILL DATE. Best best best........

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey i also have samsung galaxy y and how to upgrade flash player inorder to watch live cricket from site...

    ReplyDelete
  11. mighty, try to download in Android market on your galaxy phone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do you need wifi to download this app to your phone via Google Play?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Need your help. Whenever i record thru the camcorder with my galaxy y. I cant seem to find the videos that i took. Its not in the sd card nor in my files(Gallery). I guess its in the phone memory but i cant seem to open the phone mem thru my files/gallery. Your advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. how do i connect my samsung galaxy y cdma mobile to reliance netconnet thru laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can i ask?? How can i watch it in my samsung galaxy y phone.. it's not compatible??

    ReplyDelete
  16. i download it in my laptop and i don't know where is it.. i cant find it.. eventhough my cellphone is connected in my laptop.. need help

    ReplyDelete
  17. mx video player..i think is a nice,but why the sound is always hang up..please help me to this problem,my phone is galaxy y

    ReplyDelete